The course is aimed at professionals who work directly with families and children in both the children’s and adults’ workforce whose role requires them to be in contact with families. They may not work directly with families but could still promote key messages within their service colleagues who work in the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The course aims to:
• Describe what normal communication and language development looks like and what to expect at each stage of development and when to be concerned
• Provide you with the Luton context in relation to communication and language needs and introduce you to new Luton Communication and Language pathway from pregnancy to five
• Introduce you to the new Communication and Language screening tool to support early identification
• Clarify how this work supports the demands of your service: how you can measure impact and how you can support within your individual role
• Understand the role of Communication Champions and how they might support your service
• Introduce you to the new Talking Takes Off Luton messages and provide you with some useful free resources to take away.
To find out more about dates and booking your place visit www.flyingstartluton.com/professional/training-information/talkingtakesoff/