Flying Start are delighted to announce that in partnership with Cambridge Community Services (CCS), we have purchased a one year multi-user licence for three online courses developed from evidence based Solihull Approach face to face courses as part of Wave Three of a national rollout of these online tools. These courses are for everyone who wants to be the best mum, dad, grandparent, carer that they can be (www.solihullapproachparenting.com)
- Understanding your pregnancy, birth labour and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child/teenager
- The Solihull Approach is a not-for-profit NHS organisation promoting emotional health and well-being by supporting relationships.
- Established in 1996 with a track record of providing highly acclaimed training courses to over 25,000 professionals in over 80 areas of the UK and further afield, within Health, Education and Social care
- The Solihull Approach is included in the UK Department of Health’s Healthy Child Programme, in Northern Ireland’s strategy for training health visitors and midwives, in Scotland’s strategy for training health visitors and child practitioners.
- Evidence-based, accredited, online courses from pre-birth to adolescence, developed with practitioners and parents, tested in the field and with an ongoing research programme.
Results are already showing a decrease in conflict in the home, and increase in closeness of relationships
Luton Council Chief Executive Robin Porter said: “As a parent to a 5 year old I understand that it’s not always easy being a parent, so if you feel that you might need a little help these free online courses are ideal.
“The courses are available to parents, grandparents, carers, foster parents, family members and friends – all you need is a Luton postcode. They cover from baby through to the 18 years. “Accessing the on-line courses is simple and once you’ve completed each course you will receive a certificate that can be downloaded. I’m really encouraging everyone to take advantage of this fantastic learning opportunity.”
Key information for accessing the online courses in Luton:
Go live date 30 August 2019
Any questions please contact Susan Bugden Flying Start Parenting Co-ordinator on 01582 548336
For any technical queries please contact email@example.com or 0121 296 4448
Flying Start and CCS are organising promotions to raise awareness amongst Luton residents during September 2019. Posters and flyers will be distributed in late August to all GP surgeries for display. We hope you agree that this is a great investment for Luton children and families particularly for those parents you identify as needing some support but may be reluctant to engage in group-based programmes or would prefer to access information in the comfort of their own homes at a time that suits them.
Feedback from parents who have engaged in the course
“I have found the online course very useful. Now, I take time to think more during difficult situations and during arguments with my kids.”
“This has been a really valuable experience that in a way will impact on many aspects of my life”