TOKKO Youth Space-Young Parent Support
TOKKO youth space provides a project for Young Parents run by qualified and experienced Youth Workers who work closely with the teenage midwives team and other services across Luton to ensure that young parents get the support they require. The project is available for all young parents and parents to be living in Luton aged 13-25 yrs. The project is tailored to support young parents individually to their needs which may include one or all of the following:
- 1:1 Support
- support at meetings with professionals
- support with abusive relationships; including 1:1 Freedom Programme sessions
- support with accessing further and higher education
- support with housing issues; benefits and accessing other services
- and more…
Young parent’s project also encourages the attendance at TOKKO Totz each Wednesday 12:00–3:30pm; a free, safe and non-judgemental space for young parents and their children; to play and socialise with each other in the centre of Luton.
TOKKO Totz is currently being redeveloped and a new start date will be available soon
TOKKO Totz is a small and friendly weekly toddler session that provides free healthy snacks and squash for children. Young parents have the opportunity to work with TOKKO staff 1-1 if needed. Through weekly themed sessions TOKKO Totz provides:
- Focus is on reducing isolation and meeting other young parents and young parents to be
- Offers of parenting support
- Enrichment trips out of Luton
- An external referral to another service if required
The services are free, confidential and open to all young parents by appointment.
Need more information? Please use the contact details below to make an enquiry for attending Tokko Tots or to find out more.