Incredible Years ®
For: Parents/carers living in Luton with children 3-6 years
- Do you struggle to cope with your child’s behaviour?
- Do you wonder if there is a way to improve communication between you and your child?
- Do you find yourself wishing family life could be calmer both at home and out and about?
- Do you wonder if other parents feel like you?
If the answer to any of these is YES, the Incredible Years programme would help by:-
- Giving you the tools to use play and praise to build your child’s confidence
- Giving you ideas on how to help improve how your child develops language skills so they can express their feelings more easily and
- Giving you the confidence to deal with feelings behind your child’s behavior and help you to deal with difficult situations calmly.
- Incredible Years courses are led by trained, experienced staff and run in community venues across Luton.
- Normally 8-10 parents are invited. This is an adult course so you don’t have your children in the room with you.
- As part of the invitation, facilitators will arrange to meet with you at home prior to the course starting.
- After a Welcome session where you can meet other parents and ask questions there will be 14 weekly sessions of 2.5 hours including a tea/coffee break
- You will need to attend all 14 sessions as each week builds on what is learnt the week before. Sessions are term time only.
- Partners are welcome and it is also fine to come on your own.
- It is important if you are not living with your children that you are having regular contact with them
A FREE crèche may be provided for your children but please book their place. If you haven’t used a crèche before, speak with staff about how best to prepare your child for the crèche experience. The Welcome session is helpful in getting your child settled in the crèche.
Please see Jo, one of our group leaders, talking about delivering this programme.
Please contact the Children’s Centre directly (details below) or call Flying Start on 01582 548336 for more information.
Feedback from parents who attended in 2019:
- ”I feel confident and a lot stronger. I feel more of a better parent. I completed a course that I never thought I’d be able to. I gained tips and techniques from other parents”
- ”I think it’s been fantastic and feeling quite sad it’s coming to an end after 100% attendance. Sharing and discussion I enjoyed the most. Never judge people we are all mums wanting the best for our children”
No groups running at present due to Covid-19
Awaiting future dates