The Nurturing Programme *Currently not running*
What is the Nurturing Programme?
Children are rewarding, stimulating and fun, however looking after them can be stressful and challenging.
The Nurturing Programme helps you deal with those challenges so that you can have a calmer, happier family life.
A tried and tested programme, it helps us think about what we do, why we do it and how it makes us feel.
What does the course cover?
- Helping you understand why children behave as they do
- Recognising the feelings behind behaviour (ours and theirs)
- Exploring different approaches to discipline
- Finding ways to develop co-operation and self-discipline in your children
- The importance of looking after ourselves
A FREE crèche is provided for your children but please book their place. If you haven’t used a crèche before, speak with staff about how best to prepare your child for the crèche experience.
There is a welcome week where you meet the group leader and other parents taking part, find out more about the course and ask any questions you may have. For those using the crèche, it is also helpful for getting your child settled before the course starts.
There are 10 weekly sessions, 2-hours including tea/coffee break
Usually 8-10 parents/carers are invited led by two trained group leaders.
You should try to come to all ten weekly sessions as the programme fits together like a puzzle. Sessions are term time only.
Partners are welcome. It’s also fine to come on your own or with another relative or friend – just mention this when you book your place..
No groups running at present due to Covid- 19
Awaiting future dates
Parent feedback from a programme run July 2019
- ”Everyone was really great- the facilitators knew what they were doing, great handouts and a wonderful experience- much needed. Brilliant. I would 120% recommend because it’s really helpful- the way it’s planned out is really good, it helps you learn more about your child and their abilities”
- ”Great support- gives you more confidence and you see things differently.”
- ”I feel very confident and positive now, I feel proud of what I am doing, I feel in control. It’s having a positive impact overall- kids are happier and feel more loved, have a settled routine etc. They are more considerate, calm, content. They are being listened to.”
Please watch the video below from a family who completed our Polish Nurturing Programme.
If you are unable to attend any of our courses in person, please note there are providers who offer online learning.