Please note you will have had to have done the Talking Takes Off Workshop training to do this enhanced training below:
Click on the training to see more information about it and proceed to a booking form.
Using the Early Years Communication and Language Toolkit
Virtual sessions online using Microsoft Teams:
- Dates TBC
A recorded version is also available to those who cannot attend the live sessions. Please click here to register to view
This is your opportunity to explore the new Early Years Communication and Language Toolkit and discover how you can use it to screen and support the communication needs of the children and families you work with. You will be guided through the full contents of the toolkit, including the screening tools, and build skills in using the screening tool results to set targeted outcomes and support.
Aims of the session:
- To explore the new Early Years Communication and Language Toolkit (find the toolkit here.)
- For practitioners to feel confident in using the toolkit and screeners
- For practitioners to feel confident in interpreting results of the screening tools
- For practitioners to feel confident in putting appropriate strategies in place
Please email email@example.com to book on to any of these virtual sessions
Talking Takes Off (TTO) Operational Champion- Train the Trainer
The following sessions will run via ZOOM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place and get the joining instructions.
- 19 November 1pm to 3pm
- 27 April 10am to 12 noon
- 28 April 1pm to 3pm
The course is aimed at:
- professionals who have completed the universal Talking Takes off Training and have an interest in becoming a Talking Takes Off Champion.
This free course aims to support you to commence your role of Talking Takes Off Champion, which will involve:
- raising awareness as to why early years’ speech, language and communication development is so important, particularly linked to improved outcomes for children.
- leading by example and inspiring others to get involved in developing communication and delivering the key messages around developing communication
- delivering internal staff training, using practical resources provided by Talking Takes Off, to raise awareness so that all staff are trained in key messages, skills and behaviours.
TTO Communication Champions Role 2020 (EXPECTATIONS)
Wednesday 9 December from 1pm to 2.30pm via TEAMS
Contact email@example.com to book
*Awaiting 2020 Virtual Alternative*
Many children grow up exposed to two languages or more from an early age and despite its prevalence, there is conflicting advice around raising children bilingually. This course addresses important questions concerning how best to foster bilingual development to gain the maximum benefits that recent research has identified.
Aims: For participants to understand:
- the different forms of bilingualism
- the benefits of bilingualism
- the typical stages in second language development
- how to support children with learning a second language
Communication Friendly Settings Award Training
*Future dates TBC*