Understanding Teenagers (Family Links Training)
Understanding Teenagers: for those working with teenagers
This 1-day course provides an opportunity to understand teenage brain development and the adolescent developmental process. It includes ideas and strategies for professionals working with teenagers and their parents to help them motivate and support young people in an emotionally healthy context. The day brings together the latest understanding from neuroscience and developmental psychology and the principles of the Nurturing Programme, one of the leading social and emotional education interventions in the UK.
- Emotional health for all – how feelings drive behaviour
- The science of teenage brain development
- A trainee adult – the adolescent developmental process
- Autonomy promotion – what do young people need from adults?
- Managing risk and promoting resilience
Dates and booking
To book, please click on the date you wish to attend below which will take you through to a booking form. Your place will be confirmed within 3-5 working days.
PLEASE NOTE BOTH COURSES ARE CURRENTLY FULL
If you would like to be put on the waiting list if someone cancels please contact firstname.lastname@example.org