Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC)
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) is an inclusive evidence-based course for parents, designed to promote protective factors which are associated with good parenting and better outcomes for children.
SFSC is an inclusive course which is culturally sensitive, presenting information within a framework to address the needs of a variety of different cultural groups. This programme takes into account the cultural and spiritual values of parents and social norms.
We are currently running this course for parents of children aged up to 11 years of age
Next 13 week course:
Starting Wednesday 26 February 10.30am to 2.30pm
Finishes 10 June 2020
Venue: Flying Start Central in Beech Hill Primary
Please contact Flying Start Central: 01582 393440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Tuesday 21 April 9.30am to 1pm
Finishes 14 July 2020
Venue: Flying Start South in The Mall
Please contact Flying Start on 01582 548336 or email@example.com
Feedback from parents who have attended this programme:
- I can control myself more and look after my children much better- I am happier!
- I am not shouting so often any more. I am more patient, my relationship with partner is much better
- It made me to see towards positive aspects of life- more patient and friendly besides being logical
- Rights of passages were very helpful to handle the different social and spiritual needs of my kids.
- Altogether it made me a better mother to deal with kids skillfully and patiently
- How to show empathy towards children and how to support them in making choices