How you can help shape services:
We need the help of local residents who use our services currently or may in the future to make sure that Luton’s Family Hub is designed to meet the needs of our local community.
One of the ways we will do this is by establishing a parent/carer panel (or a name to be decided by the group). The parent/carer panel is the place where families and carers will work together with local service leads and commissioners to help design and evaluate services. This will help to ensure that families are at the centre of service design and delivery across Luton.
Parent/carer panels will report back to our Family Hub Programme Manager which will ensure that families have a direct line to those leading local decision making.
The purpose of the parent/carer panels is to:
- Ensure local families/carers play a key role in designing and continuously improving family services.
- Enable the voice of local families/carers including those whose voices are often not heard.
- Ensure Luton’s Family Hub is designed for inclusion and meet the needs of the diverse communities that live in Luton.
We want to ensure that the Family Hub parent/carer panel is representative of Luton’s diverse communities. We are welcoming all families but with a particular focus on those who are pregnant/partner of an expectant parent and with children up to age 2.
LUTON FAMILY HUBS LAUNCH!
Come along to our free events in February to launch Luton Family Hubs:
- Wednesday 14 February, 10am to 3.30pm at Park Town Family Hub (Bailey Street, LU1 3DU)
- Thursday 15 February, 10am to 12pm at Bushmead Community Hub (Hancock Drive, LU2 7SF)
- Thursday 15 February, 1pm to 3.30pm at Hockwell Community Centre and Family Hub (Mayne Ave, LU4 9LB)
- Friday 16 February, 10am to 2pm at Luton Central Library (St George’s Square, LU1 2NG)