Parenting and Family Relationships
Free Online Parenting Courses (Solihull Online): Understanding Your Child (up to 18 years)
If you are a Luton resident, we would encourage you to sign up to this eLearning course with your Luton postcode on www.inourplace.co.uk (see further instructions below and https://solihullapproachparenting.com/online-courses-luton)
There are courses are for ALL Luton parents-to-be, parents, grandparents and carers of any child from the antenatal period right up to 18 years of age.
- Go to inourplace.co.uk
- Type in the access code: HATTERS
- Create your account using your email and Luton postcode and choose a password.
- Select the course you want to do from the dashboard (you can do them all over time)
- Once you have registered, you have non-expiry access to these courses that can be completed at a time and place that suits you. They work on most PCs, tablets and mobile phones and work best with Google Chrome.
- If you do have any technical issues email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0121 296 4448 9am – 5 pm Mondays to Fridays for support.
- Responses to any questions will be anonymised and you will not receive any marketing emails but just congratulatory emails when you complete a module.
Zoom Parent Group Sessions- one off sessions on a particular topic for parents
A great opportunity to meet other parents, these sessions focus on a range of topics linked to your young child’s development.
- Sleep and Bedtime Routines Parent Group Zoom- Tuesday 27 June 1pm to 2.30pm
- Understanding Behaviour (over 2s)- Wednesday 12 July 1pm to 2.30pm
However, RECORDED VIDEOS are/will be available for:
- Sleep and Bedtime Routines – available on demand
- Common Childhood Illnesses – available on demand
- Oral Health – available on demand
- Understanding Behaviour – coming soon!
- Toilet Training – available on demand
- Fussy Eating – coming soon!
Please book on to these sessions via our Parent Enquiry Form if you are new, if we have your details- just email/call us!
The Parenting Puzzle (currently on ZOOM AND In-person)
The Parenting Puzzle is a series of weekly 2 hr sessions over 4/5 weeks that support parents of young children exploring the following topics:-
- Understanding your children’s behaviour
- Listening and communicating with babies and children
- Praise, encouragement and guidance
- Power of play
- Boundaries and parenting styles
- Looking after ourselves as parents
Next course: Thursdays 1pm to 2.30pm on Zoom from 15 June to 13 July 2023
Please book on to this group via our Parent Enquiry Form
What other parents say:
”Very relaxed way of thinking through bringing up children. Good structure of programme- important values taught. Good variation of material given- good for all ages of child for parents”
”Great safe atmosphere to be able to share and learn from others and share own experiences without judgement.”
Other Useful Links and Resources:
Safe at Home Luton is a child accident prevention programme aimed at families from pregnancy through to the child’s 5th birthday.
If you think that your child may have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) you should speak to someone about your concerns- find out more on Luton’s Local Offer
Five to Thrive
Just as our child’s body grows better when you give them good food, your child’s brain grows better when you do five simple things that feed the growing brain:
Respond ● Cuddle ● Relax ● Play ● Talk