Many children grow up exposed to two languages or more from an early age and despite its prevalence, there is conflicting advice around raising children bilingually. This course addresses important questions concerning how best to foster bilingual development to gain the maximum benefits that recent research has identified.
Aims: For participants to understand:
- the different forms of bilingualism
- the benefits of bilingualism
- the typical stages in second language development
- how to support children with learning a second language
2023 training dates, times and location (Please click on the date below to proceed to a booking form)
“I can use it to give advice to the concerned parents who are bilingual and at the same time I can use with my son as well, who is bilingual”
Talk for All
• increase your capacity to identify and support children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
• strengthen your understanding of the impact of Speech, Language and Communication difficulties on the child.
• be able to identify children with attention and listening, comprehension, expressive language and phonology difficulties and confidently refer these children for additional support.
• understand and be able to implement strategies at a universal and targeted level to support children with attention and listening, comprehension, expressive language and phonology difficulties.
• understand the development of English as an Additional Language and how best to support this in your setting
Advanced learning through a series of videos now available- please contact email@example.com to register your interest