SLC E-learning Flyer
Bedford Borough Council, Central Bedfordshire Council, Luton Borough Council, and the respective Parent Carer Forums have worked with colleagues in Children’s Speech and Language Therapy in Bedfordshire and Luton to create an e-learning course titled ‘An Introduction to supporting Speech, Language and Communication’.
There are three modules to choose from (or you can access all three if appropriate):
• Parent / carer module.
• Early Years module.
• School age module.
By accessing one of the modules, we hope you will:
• Be introduced to what communication is and why it is so important.
• Gain introductory knowledge to the ‘Building Blocks of Communication’.
• Develop some strategies in positively supporting a child’s Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
• Know where you can get more support in this area.
The modules are suitable for parents, carers, family members, Early Years Practitioners, School age staff, colleagues in Health & Social Care, and anyone who works with or supports children.
The e-learning modules are FREE to access once you have registered. To access LMS Central, please go to:
For parents accessing LMS Central, please follow the steps below:
• Click on ‘log in / register for LMS’
• Click on ‘register’
• On the next screen, note down the unique EX-number – this is your user name for whenever you access the system
• Password: Add a memorable password
• Job Role: (type) ‘Parent’
• Loal Authority Area: (drop down menu) Choose the authority you live in
• Organisation: (type) ‘Parent’
• Department / Team: (type) Either ‘N/A’ or ‘Parent’
• Establishment Type: (drop down menu) Choose ‘Parent’
• Click ‘Submit’; you are now registered