Lots of information on Infant Feeding is available via the Hospital’s website here: www.bedfordshirehospitals.nhs.uk/infantfeeding
There is also information in your Early Days Booklet
Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed baby, some of the benefits of breastfeeding include:
- breast milk is perfectly designed for your baby.
- breast milk protects your baby from infections and diseases.
- breast milk is available for your baby whenever your baby needs it.
- breastfeeding can build a strong emotional bond between you and your baby.
- breastfeeding also provides health benefits for you.
Formula milk does not provide the same protection from illness and does not give you any health benefits.
Breastfeeding takes time and practise and it can take weeks for you to become confident with breastfeeding but there is lots of support available to help you get off to a great start.
Watch the video below to find out more about breastmilk and how it is tailored to baby:
If you cannot see the video below, please use this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2adrIKweZTE