Lots of information on Infant Feeding is available via the Hospital’s website here: www.bedfordshirehospitals.nhs.uk/infantfeeding
Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed baby, some of the benefits of breastfeeding include:
- breast milk is perfectly designed for your baby.
- breast milk protects your baby from infections and diseases.
- breast milk is available for your baby whenever your baby needs it.
- breastfeeding can build a strong emotional bond between you and your baby.
- breastfeeding also provides health benefits for you.
Watch the video below to find out more about breastmilk and how it is tailored to baby.
Formula milk does not provide the same protection from illness and does not give you any health benefits.
Breastfeeding takes time and practise and it can take weeks for you to become confident with breastfeeding but there is lots of support available to help you get off to a great start.
Breastfeeding Hub App
This free app is a hub for all your breastfeeding needs. Your virtual breastfeeding supporter provides information and support with breastfeeding and helps you find and rate breastfeeding friendly places in your local area.
National Breastfeeding Helpline
Independent, confidential, mother-centred, non-judgmental breastfeeding support and information
Open 9.30am to 9.30pm every single day of the year
0300 100 0212
National Breastfeeding Helpline Website
Other information and support
Click here for information on BOTTLE FEEDING:
This leaflet includes:
- How to make sure you are feeding responsively
- Sterilising bottles
- Making up a bottle safely
- Formula milk
- When to move on to cows milk/ milk alternative
- How to combine breastfeeding and bottle feeding
#FreeToFeed breastfeeding awareness campaign
All women and their children should be free to breastfeed in public, anytime, anywhere. This is the vision of the #FreeToFeed campaign, launched in July 2019 to support mothers across Luton and Bedfordshire to raise their confidence and understanding among the public, businesses and venues.
For more information visit: