Parenting and Family Relationships
- Click here for Newborn Information from your Health Visiting Team
- Click here for 6 weeks+ Information from your Health Visiting Team
Free Online Parenting Courses (Solihull Online): Understanding Your Baby (postnatal course)
If you are a Luton resident, we would encourage you to sign up to this eLearning course with your Luton postcode on www.inourplace.co.uk (see further instructions below and on https://solihullapproachparenting.com/online-courses-luton)
There are courses are for ALL Luton parents-to-be, parents, grandparents and carers of any child from the antenatal period right up to 18 years of age.
- Go to inourplace.co.uk
- Type in the access code: HATTERS
- Create your account using your email and Luton postcode and choose a password.
- Select the course you want to do from the dashboard (you can do them all over time)
- Once you have registered, you have non-expiry access to these courses that can be completed at a time and place that suits you. They work on most PCs, tablets and mobile phones and work best with Google Chrome.
- If you do have any technical issues email email@example.com or ring 0121 296 4448 9am – 5 pm Mondays to Fridays for support.
- Responses to any questions will be anonymised and you will not receive any marketing emails but just congratulatory emails when you complete a module.
PARENT WORKSHOPS (Live ZOOM or Recorded VIDEO)
A great opportunity to meet other parents, these sessions focus on a range of topics linked to your young child’s development.
– Starting Solids (3 to 6 months)- Wednesday 8th March from 1pm to 2.30pm on Zoom
– Starting Solids NEXT STEPS (6 to 12 months)- Monday 17th April from 1pm to 2.30pm on Zoom
However, RECORDED VIDEOS are/will be available for:
- Sleep and Bedtime Routines – available on demand
- Common Childhood Illnesses – available on demand
- Oral Health – available on demand
- Understanding Behaviour – coming soon!
- Toilet Training – coming soon!
- Fussy Eating – coming soon!
Please book on to these sessions via our Parent Enquiry Form if you are new, if we have your details- just email/call us!
Other Useful Links and Resources:
Premature baby app: https://www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/premature-birth/my-prem-baby-app
Safe at Home Luton is a child accident prevention programme aimed at families from pregnancy through to the child’s 5th birthday.
If you think that your child may have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) you should speak to someone about your concerns- find out more on Luton’s Local Offer
Five to Thrive
Just as our child’s body grows better when you give them good food, your child’s brain grows better when you do five simple things that feed the growing brain:
Respond ● Cuddle ● Relax ● Play ● Talk